Cassava Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In large bowl, using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy (about 30 seconds)
- Add in the egg and the vanilla and blend until combined.
- Add in the cassava flour, baking soda, and salt and blend until combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks. Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- To bake: preheat oven to 350F. Roll the dough into balls (about 3 tablespoons). Bake for 10-12 minutes or cookies are golden brown around the edges and the centers look puffy.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely