- 6 oz semisweet baking
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar*
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter or coconut oil in the microwave using 30 second increments, making sure to stir after each increment. After the chocolate is done melting, set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, blend the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract for 1 minute.
- In another bowl, whisk the cassava flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Then stir in the flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean. Cool before slicing.
*Can sub coconut sugar